Sunday, August 8, 2010

Molten Chocolate Cakes

Mom and bf both expressed interest in eating molten chocolate cakes so I really wanna try this recipe out! After watching a couple of Nigella Lawson's videos and reading up her recipes, I have to conclude that she's not exactly the most health conscious cook around, but her recipes are so easy to make.

...After making this recipe and spooning a mouthful of the chocolate cake into my mouth, I know where she got her awesome breasts from. HAHAAH! I once read a random comment online that she has to maintain her humongous assets by adding extra fat and sugar into her recipes. And I have to agree -_-

The chocolate is so sinfully rich. I've reduced some sugar from the recipe, knowing her style, but 70% cocoa chocolate is too dense for my family's tastebuds. Think I'll opt for milk chocolate the next time.

Molten Chocolate Cakes (modified from Nigella Lawson's Molten Chocolate Babycakes)
makes 4 cakes

Ingredients:
175g dark chocolate
60g caster sugar
25g unsalted butter
2 large eggs, beaten with pinch of salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
25g all purpose flour
Icing sugar for sprinkling

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 200°C
2. Grease muffin tins and cut out baking parchment paper in round shapes, placing them on the muffin trays
3. Melt chocolate over double boil
4. Cream butter and sugar
5. Gradually beat in eggs
6. Add in vanilla extract and mix well
7. Add in flour and blend until smooth
8. Pour batter into muffin tins and bake for 10 mins
9. Tip them over as soon as you take them out of the oven...sprinkle some icing sugar and noommmmsssss

No comments:

Post a Comment