Monday, August 23, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies II

Chocolate chip cookie lovers are like promiscuous lovers, they like not only one cookie. You can never count on just one chocolate chip cookie recipe. So here I go heeheee!!! Was inspired to make them after watching this video on one of my most-referred to cookbooks, Ready for Dessert. Looks so gooooooood on the video. Going to digress a little, have to share why I adore him so much! Other than being a great dessert chef, he writes well and has an interesting personality. You gotta read his blog and maybe, his twitter to know what I mean :D

The cookie dough log rolling was tedious for me. The whole chunk of cookie dough was too soft and sloppy due to our warm weather. Looked totally different from what he has in the video. Had difficulty rolling them and made a mess in the kitchen. Got smarter with the 2nd log and decided to shrink wrap the piece of dough and slowly maneuver it into a log.

After cleaning up the kitchen...my lazybones signaled me that I should be more interested to do drop cookies from now on. If you like a cripsy cookie with soft interior coupled with generous serving of (very) gooey chocolate and crunchy nuts, this cookie is for you.

Chocolate Chip Cookies (adapted from David Lebovitz's Ready for Dessert)
makes 25 cookies

Ingredients
175g all purpose flour
3/8 tsp baking soda (odd I know, I halved the recipe, that's why xD)
Pinch of salt
110g butter, room temperature
105g light brown sugar
70g brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
110g nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped (I use pecans)
200g semisweet chocolate chunks (I use Valrhona Equatoriale 55%)

Method
1. Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt
2. In a separate bowl, beat butter, sugars and vanilla until just smooth
3. Add in beaten egg and mix well
4. Stir in flour mixture to butter mixture, then add in nuts and chocolate
5. On a lightly floured surface, divide the dough into 2 and shaped them into 23cm logs
6. Shrink wrap them and store in fridge for 24h
7. Preheat oven to 175°C
7. Slice dough to 2cm thick and place them on baking sheets
8. Bake for 10 mins and transfer to wire rack to cool

No comments:

Post a Comment